Project Description

I don’t even know where to start as it is a long story, so I’ll just do the best I can to put everything in a nutshell.
I was told by numerous doctors that I wouldn’t be able to have children, as I have PCOS and I’m a diabetic. One Dr had said that even with help, I probably couldn’t. I finally came to terms with the fact that I would never be able to conceive.

God had different plans…In December of 2018 I was feeling weird, I thought it could have been the new job, (I was a dump truck driver), so I thought maybe the dust gave me a bug or something. I kept holding off and holding off because my insurance hadn’t kicked in yet. My body just kept acting weird, so I finally went to the Dr March 14th 2019 to get a checkup and all the womanly things I have to get done. She didn’t give me a pregnancy test and had told me to go in for a mammogram (thank god I didn’t do that). The symptoms kept getting worse and she finally told me to go in for a pelvic ultrasound. I did on April 24th 2019, the tech found my son. I was 6 months and 5 days pregnant. My son was born exactly one month later May 24th 2019.My husband named him Justin because we found out Just-in time.

Justin’s heart defect was found four days after he was born, again Just-in time. He had transposition of the great arteries (TGA). He was born in Lafayette, Co. and transported to Children’s hospital that same day. He was 2 months premature, weighing in at 3lbs 7oz.

He was too small to perform surgery on, so we had to get him to gain weight and keep him stable and alive. Then at 5 months old, they found that his heart had thickened and became stiff, so his heart was working overtime. The docs were dumbfounded as to what to do for him. They’ve seen TGA and thickening of the heart, just not together. They didn’t know what to do. So, they ran more tests, and got a second opinion from Texas Children’s hospital because his lungs are premature lungs. They didn’t know whether to send him home and make him comfortable, or whether he’d be a good candidate for a heart transplant.

The cardiology team had then gotten involved and my husband and I did an observation for the transplant. Then on Thanksgiving Day, our transplant Dr called and said that Justin was approved! Justin was able to come home once for 36 hours, and that was Christmas time, he returned to the hospital on December 26th 2019.

From November of 2019 to June 2020, we waited for a heart. Justin has astonished the medical staff as well as us in how amazingly strong he is, and it’s all owed to God. He has hand chosen the medical staff and all of the people that has helped us throughout this journey with our son. There is no one on this planet that can ever tell us that our lord is not real!